Enterprise Asset and Maintenance Management
Our BEAM Enterprise Asset Management solution covers all processes from entering a fixture to the enterprise’s inventory to the time it was scrapped. It also identifies the malfunction reasons of your machines and provides decision supporting information to your management about economic life of your machine by comparing its purchasing price with the cost of materials and workforce spent for the machine in any currency.
You can monthly track budget, maintenance cost, maintenance duration, no. of maintenances, no. of shutdowns, shutdown durations, MTBF and MTTR at the asset, location and cost center level.
We can list Enterprise Asset Management processes as follows:
- Warranty Tracking and Contract Management
- Management of Assets Debited to the Staff
- Spare Parts and Consumables Tracking
- Tracking of Maintenance Agreements and Supplier Management
- Periodical | Preventive Maintenance Tracking
- Problem Maintenance Tracking
- Management of Purchasing Processes
- Purchasing Requisition Notification
- Processes for Requesting Bids from Companies
- Bid Assessment
- Placing Orders to Selected Company
- Entering the Deliveries and Receipts
- Quality Controls of Received Products
- Material Warehouse Entries
- Supplier Evaluation Survey
- Tracking of Meter and Panel Based Electricity Consumption
What is Enterprise Asset Management (EAM)?
Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) can be defined as the management of all processes, starting from registration of a fixture to the company’s inventory until it is scrapped.
Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Software: BEAM
With our BEAM Enterprise Asset Management Solution:
- You can reduce the costs of technical operations, maintenance and repairs.
- You can increase utilization productivity of your assets.
- You can provide fast and correct reports and decision support information.
- You can contribute to the improvement and productivity of your working environments.
- You can contribute to corporate structure of your company.
- You can manage your facility’s assets properly and efficiently.
- You can manage your subcontractors properly and efficiently.
BEAM inventory management ensures that all facilities and equipment of an enterprise are tracked in accordance with an asset tree structure at the location and cost center level. You can also easily track debit and warranty and maintenance agreement processes of your entire inventory by Android and iOS mobile devices.
Fleet Management System
You can create asset hierarchy and spare part logs of all your mass transportation vehicles and prepare reports with internal vehicle maintenance management module in accordance with industry specific standards. Transportation – for example, regarding fleet, we provide capabilities to track tire measurements or fuel consumption of all vehicles.
What is TPM (Total Productive | Autonomous Maintenance)?
What is Autonomous Maintenance? TPM, i.e. Total Productive Maintenance or Autonomous Maintenance software ensure that staff own their machines and, finally, each staff gain the qualifications of a maintenance staff. In order to achieve these targets, with our BEAM Autonomous Maintenance Management software solution:
- You can determine the departments, at where most of the Error Cards are hung.
- You can provide pinpoint trainings to staff with Single Point Courses.
- You can continuously improve with Before-After (B/A) Kaizen works.
- You can improve large scaled operations with Kobetsu-Kaizen processes.
- You can increase the motivation of your staff with Rewarding (Recognition) system.
Hanging Error Cards is the foundation of autonomous maintenance management. This is a practice to ensure that staff solves the problems, improvements, arrangements and OHS measures in their machines by hanging error cards in different colors. You can assign scores automatically to your rewarding system based on these error cards that were hung with the help of Bimser’s enterprise asset and maintenance management.
Kaizen Technique – Kobetsu Kaizen | Lean Management
Different from B/A Kaizen works, Kobetsu-Kaizen works are more comprehensive practices, in which the problems have been identified, a project plan has been prepared and costs and gains have been calculated in advance.
Kobetsu-Kaizen works are evaluated in 10 steps, in which Kobetsu-Kaizen issue is determined, team members are determined, the problem is analyzed in details, cost is calculated, project steps and schedule is created, delivery dates are determined and finally the results of work are determined.
Single Point Training
With Single Point Courses, it is aimed to create a library on the system by ensuring that the staff shares their practices with others. So it is ensured that practices, which are known only by a few, are recorded in a manner to create an infrastructure for other staff with the motivation of being rewarded.
The objective of Before-After Kaizen practices is to ensure continuous improvement. B/A Kaizen works are divided into different categories, such as quality, cost, HSE, staff satisfaction and production and they are photographed before and after the work in order to evaluate the cost and gain of Kaizen work. The staff, who performed such B/A Kaizen work is rewarded at the end of this evaluation. Successfully completed B/A Kaizen work is applied to other machines and the added value of B/A Kaizen is increased.
Rewarding is a must for autonomous systems and applications. Works that the staff has done must be certainly rewarded in order to ensure that they are adopted to the system and made sustainable. Otherwise autonomous maintenance system shall be ended before it began. The staff is rewarded by automatic scoring of practices, such as hanging the error card, removing the error card, B/A Kaizen, single point courses, Kobetsu-Kaizen, etc. with BEAM Autonomous Maintenance Management System. Each staff may order any award that he/she can claim with his/her points from the award page available in our system or, if requested, they can be included to the rewarding approval process. In addition to automatic scoring, awards, such as Kaizen of the Year, etc. can be defined to the system and scores can be given manually.
We can define maintenance and repair as the activities performed to keep all assets of your organization at the highest functional level. Your assets might be a line, machine, equipment, building, vehicle, fixture or information system equipment. You can manage all maintenance and repairing activities, such as mechanical and electrical works, automation, construction, information processing, etc. of your industrial and enterprise assets with BEAM.
Some of these activities are:
- Problem Maintenance
- Periodical Maintenance
- Predictive Maintenance
We define this term as the maintenance activities performed when your asset has an unexpected problem. It can be seen in all organizations and it is divided into 2 main groups, named problem with a shutdown and problem without a shutdown.
Problem with a shutdown shows that there is a problem in the asset or its connected line or any other asset that caused a shutdown. It is a problem that is not wanted and must be immediately reported to maintenance team in order to be responded. Most of the organizations use automation systems to track these shutdowns and to report them immediately to maintenance teams. BEAM steps in right at this point with its flexible integration capability and automatically opens problem maintenance work orders, based on the information it received from automation systems, compares the shutdown durations and reasons and ensures that all necessary analyses are performed. Problem without a shutdown shows that there is a problem in the asset, but it doesn’t cause a shutdown. Its significance is lower than problem with a shutdown.
Its main problem maintenance process is as follows:
The problem is notified by BEAM’s web application or mobile application (barcode can be scanned). If requested, necessary approvals can be applied. Then the problem is notified to maintenance team. Responding starts after it is planned and work order is closed after the staff working on the problem, materials being used, outsourced service details and work order details are entered. (If requested, approval process can be applied and the order can be closed later.)
Periodical maintenance is the maintenance works we perform on your asset at certain periods, which may be based on dates or meters. Periodical maintenance based on dates can be daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc. Periodical maintenance based on meters can be defined as hour, km, no. of hits, no. of products, etc. With BEAM you can create work orders for periodical maintenance based on meters automatically by using such information (hour, km, no. of hits, no. of products, etc.). The work order for periodical maintenance based on dates is created in advance at a time that you have set before and you are reminded by e-mail or as a mobile notification. You can print out maintenance and repairing form or track them by your mobile device for the work steps of periodical maintenances.
If you specify the number of persons and duration of work as well as which materials and equipment will be used while defining your periodical maintenances in BEAM, you can find how much of these requirements are met, based on your current resources, and you can take necessary actions for your deficiencies thanks to requirement planning report.
The type of maintenance works performed by predicting that a problem may occur is called predictive maintenance. You can enter the readings of non-destructive inspections, such as measurement of vibration, lubricant analysis, ultrasound measurements, temperature measurements, etc. with predictive maintenance module of BEAM. You can prevent problems by creating work orders automatically for certain activities that you have determined for measurements falling out of predetermined ranges. You can also reach the trend reports of all values you measured.
In addition to these functions for maintenance and repairing activities, BEAM is considered as the best maintenance and repairing program by our customers due to its user friendly interface and functionalities.
Material and Resource Management
Material Management is our module to use all materials and spare parts that you need for asset management.
Resource Management is our module that we use to plan and measure the performances of all staff and subcontractor works that are needed for asset management and to evaluate the suppliers.
Material Management can be used to determine the quantity of orders for materials, to transfer, enter and return materials, to count them physically and to control their quantity and content. BEAM inventory management offers planning options to open orders automatically for replenishment of inventories and allows to create orders automatically, based on minimum, maximum and safe inventory levels.
You can take measures for material deficiency by determining material, labor and machinery requirements and minimize your warehouse costs by keeping the inventory at the minimum level.
You can assist in selecting cheaper products with same functionality when procuring materials and so you can perform your operations more economically and productively.
You can perform below operations with Material Management module of BEAM:
- You can define unlimited number of barcodes per material and manage materials and devices.
- You can classify materials with group code and sub-groups and manage inventories properly.
- You can issue parts easily for work orders and replace inventories automatically.
- You can track scrapped spare parts through the application.
- You can reserve the task to receive a material from the warehouse for the requester of material by a workflow algorithm, thanks to warehouse request management.
- You can ship extra materials in warehouses or storages to different warehouses by interwarehouse transfer functionality thanks to inventory management on a single screen.
- You can determine minimum and maximum inventory levels and initiate automatic notification or purchasing process when the inventory quantity is out of this range.
- You can count materials in warehouses and inventory through the application and mobile devices.
- You can manage inventory more easily thanks to unlimited number of warehouse definitions.
- You can use material total calculation function in case of any calculation error for inventories either at the material or the warehouse total level.
- You can retrieve total cost entry/issue amount (TL/FX) graphically from the application at the month, year, week, material, vendor, warehouse and cost center level thanks to highest quantity of materials report.
- You can use ready-to-use reports to evaluate inventory / warehouse management with 30 different material reports available in the application.
Our Resource Management module is used to determine work priorities better, to use resources at the most appropriate level, to track the performance of staff, to find which staff is doing what kind of a work, to determine training requirements of technical staff, to track staff qualifications and to plan shorter outage period and effective maintenance works.
With Bimser’s Resource Management module we ensure that resources are used efficiently and effectively by defining the operations, in which each staff can work, their equipment, work types, trainings and personal details, etc.
We also offer easy-to-use visual navigation between work orders and tasks.
Bimser’s BEAM software solution
- provides team resource management capability based on tasks and works;
- compares the resource load with availability for the best utilization of resources;
- ensures that works are planned automatically according to shift plans and resources are managed effectively; and
- ensures that daily, weekly and monthly work schedules of the staff are prepared according to availability of staff.
Inventory and Warehouse Management
Bimser’s inventory management module is used to determine the amount of orders for materials, to transfer materials and to enter-issue and return the materials. You can control the quantity and content with physical counts. BEAM offers planning option to open orders automatically for replenishment of inventories and allows to create orders automatically, based on minimum, maximum and safe inventory levels.